Microsoft Dynamics CRM Smart Alerts Plugin
If your Microsoft Dynamics CRM lacks the feature of displaying notifications and alerts, Smart Alerts is here to address your problem. It is a meticulously developed Microsoft Dynamics CRM Alerts Plugin that enables CRM users to add and manage alerts for different entities in the CRM.
Integrating Smart Alerts to your CRM makes it easy for you to add critical data/information to individual and bulk records. By enabling cascading alert for a record, you can also get alert list for its related entity records. Get Dynamics 365 alerts and Notifications about upcoming events, workflows, follow-ups and other actions that need immediate attention. You can create and view bulk alerts, add multiple alerts, set alert types and add start/expiry date for different records.
And what if you want to receive notifications during the occurrence of an important event? Just define the conditions for the same and you can get an email notification through Criteria Alert. Also, you can get Dynamics CRM Alerts in a language that your CRM supports.
- Create and View MS CRM Bulk Alerts instantly
- Add multiple alerts to individual CRM record
- Add start/expiration date for alerts
- Reactivate the deactivated alerts when needed
- Add alerts on any CRM record type
- Get immediate pop-up of alerts on accessing the record
- Differentiate the type of alert through alert type
- Deactivated alerts still persist in the system for a historical context
- Configure alerts that work with all CRM entities including Custom entities
- Configure the alerts to work in CRM supported language
- Set the user roles as User/Manager for advance alert management
- Expand the alert scope for related entity records
- Set Criteria alert to get notifications according to given conditions.
- Get emails on criteria alerts in real-time.
Why Should You Use Smart Alerts for Dynamics CRM?
Prolonged response cycles, unaddressed customer issues and missed deadlines can affect your sales. Our Microsoft Dynamics CRM notifications plugin helps you to create and manage pop-up alerts about tasks, information and work-flows you need to implement at the right time.
These Dynamics CRM alerts help you to be swift with prospecting, list-building, lead qualifying and several other processes. By accomplishing tasks on time and shortening the response cycles, your team can boost their productivity levels. Just create alerts in the entities of your choice and you will get the needed information as and when you access that record!
- Upgrade code standard as per Microsoft guidelines
- Minor Bug Fixes
- UI Enhancements
- Criteria based alerts.
- Cascading alerts.
- Design Changes.
- Multiple Language Support.
- Bug Fixing.
- Performance Improvements & Bug Fixes
- Smart Alerts has been Released.
Smart Alerts plugin helps me set and update alerts in my CRM. I can serve the objective of managing CRM with ease.
Manage Alerts Smartly
With Smart Alerts plugin, I can manage all the alerts well in my Dynamics CRM. Thanks, AppJetty. You have resolved a big issue with Smart Alerts.
What versions of Dynamics CRM are supported?
The plugin is compatible with Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2016(v8.0) and above (online and on-premises).
Can you customize the plugin as per my requirement?
Definitely. You can share your customization request at email@example.com.
Do you provide demo?
Yes, we do. You can view the demo by clicking on "Free Trial"
Do you have a refund policy?
Yes. You can refer to our refund policy by clicking on the following URL https://www.appjetty.com/refund-policy.htm.
How many domains can I use with single licence purchase?
AppJetty provides 1 primary domain and 1 sandbox domain with a single licence. The sandbox domain will be deactivated at the end of the 30 days trial. In order to get this validity extended, kindly contact AppJetty support.
Can I add alerts for custom entity records?
Yes, you can add alerts for custom entity records.
Do I need to install any plugin for custom entity?
No, you don't need to install any additional plugin for custom entity.
Can I re-activate the expired alerts?
Yes, you can. Change the expiry date of alert and re-activate them again.
Can I disable alerts for particular entity?
Yes, If you want to disable for particular entity then you have to remove that entity from "Selected entities" list in configuration page.